News Briefs: About 10M People Have Lost Medicaid Coverage

  • Nov 03, 2023

    As of Nov. 1, nearly 10.1 million people had been disenrolled from Medicare during the resumed eligibility redetermination process, according to KFF’s Medicaid Enrollment and Unwinding Tracker. KFF, which compiles data from CMS and state websites, noted that 35% of people with a completed renewal application were disenrolled from Medicaid, while the remaining 65% had their coverage renewed. The disenrollment rates range from 10% in Illinois to 65% in Texas. During most of the COVID-19 public health emergency, states have been banned from conducting routine eligibility checks on Medicaid beneficiaries, but that process restarted on April 1. 

    Medica, which offers health insurance coverage in 12 states, has promoted Lisa Erickson to president and CEO, replacing John Naylor, who announced his resignation in July. Erickson joined Medica as chief financial officer in April after spending three and a half years as senior vice president of industry and network relations at Optum, UnitedHealth Group’s health services subsidiary. Medica is based in Minnetonka, Minnesota, a Minneapolis suburb. 

    Read more
    © 2024 MMIT
  • AIS Health Staff

Related Posts

The Latest
Meet Our Reporters

Meet Our Reporters

×
×