Health Insurers Embrace Vaccine Requirements for Workers

  • Dec 03, 2021

    Although the Biden administration’s vaccine mandates are meeting resistance in the federal courts, many health care firms — including insurers — appear to be requiring their employees to get COVID-19 vaccinations anyway.

    In a newly released survey from Willis Towers Watson, 47% of health care organizations polled said they had a vaccine requirement in place already, compared to just 18% of employers overall. On the flip side, 15% of health care companies said they were not planning to adopt a vaccine mandate, while 33% of employers overall said the same.

    Read more
    © 2024 MMIT
  • Leslie Small

    Leslie has been working in journalism since 2009 and reporting on the health care industry since 2014. She has covered the many ups and downs of the Affordable Care Act exchanges, the failed health insurer mega-mergers, and hundreds of other storylines spanning subjects such as Medicaid managed care, Medicare Advantage, employer-sponsored insurance, and prescription drug coverage. As the managing editor of Health Plan Weekly and Radar on Drug Benefits, she writes and edits for both publications while overseeing a small team of reporters who also focus on the managed care sector. Before joining AIS Health, she was a senior editor for the e-newsletter Fierce Health Payer, and she started her career as a copy editor at multiple local newspapers. She graduated with a dual degree in journalism and political science from Penn State University.

Related Posts

The Latest
Meet Our Reporters

Meet Our Reporters